Download the Catch! app to earn £2,500 science vouchers for St John's School
Scroll down for installation instructions & help.
Ipswich Borough Council, Suffolk County Council and St John's Primary School are working together on an exciting home-to-school transport project.
At the heart of the project is an app called Catch! - this is a real time journey planner that is currently in development and funded by Innovate UK, the Government-funded innovation agency.
How will Catch! benefit your school?
- The app will capture real time information on travel patterns, journey times and congestion on the commute. The data will be anonymous and will help the school and councils to make better transport plans.
- As a thank you for taking part in the project, St John's will be eligible for £2,500 to go towards science resources for the school.
- The Ipswich Waterfront Innovation Centre at the University of Suffolk will host two half day inspirational science events with Innovate UK and the Transport Systems Catapult.
Ipswich project contacts
If you have any questions about the project with St John’s school please contact:
Instructions for installing Catch! on an Android phone
- Click the 'Get it on Google Play' button at the top of the page
- Click the button below from your phone to join the St John's group
Instructions for installing Catch! on an iPhone
- Get the Catch! app on your phone using the button at the top of this page
- or -
Search the App Store for 'Catch! - Your smart journey planner'.
- Open the app.
- Allow Catch! to access your location even when you are not using the app. (Don't worry, we've been very careful not to use much battery!)
- When asked for your email enter 'email@example.com' Make sure the predictive texting doesn’t change this. This ensures you will remain anonymous whilst allowing us to identify you as a St John’s parent.
- Touch 'Get started…'.
- Confirm you are over 13 years old and touch 'Continue to Terms & Conditions'
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- If asked, don’t allow Catch! to send you notifications.
And let the Catch! team know if you've got any suggestions to make the app better. Drop an email straight to the developers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch! is a 2-year £2m project led by TravelAi in collaboration with The Behaviouralist, The Consumer Data Research Centre at University of Leeds, Coventry City Council, Elgin, Leeds City Council, Ipswich Borough Council, Newcastle City Council, Oxfordshire County Council, TransportAPI, The Transport Systems Catapult and the Urban Big Data Centre at University of Glasgow.